After work today, I will be on spring break! (Yay, one of the few perks of teaching college is having a spring break, but I still have a lot of grading to do.)
I have such a huge amount of anxiety when it comes to break periods, being afraid that I’ll waste my precious free time on things like sleeping and relaxing, ugh. ;P It is important to me to be productive, and I don’t get to do much creatively during the semester, because there just isn’t much time for creative projects.
So this Spring Break, I think I’m going to work on making some Láadan content for YouTube and queuing it up for the next few weeks.
- Translate quotes about women, or by women
- Read the WisCon talk and talk about inspirations of Láadan; brief history.
- Make a storybook video of some Aesop stories in Láadan
- Record the tune and (try to) sing “Birthsong”. (I’m REALLY insecure about my singing voice.)
- Talk about Suzette’s abandoned languages
- How to… (grammar help?) videos
- Láadan songs (I bought myself a Ukulele with the intent of learning to write songs with conlang lyrics.)
If you have any other ideas, let me know!
My Láadan videos are currently available here: